Dedicated To San Antonio’s Success
SACADA’s leadership and staff are committed to providing top-quality prevention resources, services and education. They bring to bear more than 150 years of combined experience to keep San Antonio healthy and productive.
Abigail MooreChief Executive Officer
Lisa JuarezChief Operating Officer and Business Director
Lisa Juarez is the Business Manager for the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse. She has been with the council for close to three years and brings with her over 10 years of experience in governmental accounting. She has a great passion for her work, and holds her head up high with regard to SACADA’s mission, growth and the awesome team she works with. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
Gyna JuarezPrevention Resource Center (PRC 8) Senior Director
Gyna Juarez has been in the substance abuse prevention field for 10 years and 9 years with SACADA. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism from Texas A&M University in 2003 and a Masters of Public Administration (MPA) from the University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA) in 2009. She is also an Advance Certified Prevention Specialist (ACPS).
Mary AlmendarezYouth Prevention Director
Mary Almendarez has over 8 years of experience in working with prevention and has received her certification as a Prevention Specialist. Mary started working with the San Antonio Council On Alcohol and Drug Abuse After getting her bachelor degree from the University of Incarnate word in 2004. Since then she has worked in different programs with prevention and now Director of Youth Prevention Programs at the agency. Before working at the Council Mary worked with Northside I.S.D.-Adult Community Education and Learning Tree Program for 7 years.
Melissa ScottYouth Prevention Associate Director
Melissa Scott has been in the field of substance abuse prevention since 2001. She began as a Prevention Specialist for the Alcohol & Drug Abuse Council of Deep East Texas/Region 5 Prevention Resource Center (PRC) and was later promoted to Prevention Coordinator in 2007. After relocating to San Antonio in 2013, Melissa began working with SACADA as a Prevention Specialist and was later promoted to Prevention Services Associate Director in August 2014. She has a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches and is an Advanced Certified Prevention Specialist (ACPS).
Vickie B. AdamsCoalition Director, Circles of San Antonio Coalition
Vickie Adams graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Corpus Christi State University. Vickie started her career in Substance Abuse Prevention with the 36th Judicial District Juvenile Probation Unit in 1998 and relocated to central Texas in 2006. Vickie has been with San Antonio Council On Alcohol and Drug Abuse as Coalition Coordinator of the Circles of San Antonio Community Coalition since 2007. She is an Advanced Certified Prevention Specialist (ACPS).
Andrea SalazarYouth Prevention Associate Director
Andrea Salazar began working in the substance abuse prevention field since 2001. She graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Illinois State University, in Normal Illinois in 1998. Andrea moved to San Antonio in 2007, and began working with the Prevention Resource Center- Region 8 as the Community Outreach Specialist. She became the Development Coordinator in May 2014 and was very involved with the organization’s social media. Since 2016, she has been the Youth Prevention Associate Director for the Hill Country Region. She works closely with local school districts, coalitions and other community agencies by providing presentations on drugs of concern in and around South Texas. Andrea has a passion for prevention; she loves to give parents the knowledge and skills they need to help their children make healthy choices. Andrea is an Advanced Certified Prevention Specialist.
Velda SchalkDevelopment Coordinator
Diana CarreonProject AMOR Director
Diana Carreon has been with the San Antonio Council On Alcohol and Drug Abuse since September 2015. She graduated with a Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Texas A&M International University in 2012 and worked with the university for 7 years. Since then she has worked in different programs with the council and is now the Adult Services Director for Project AMOR (Alamo Mentoring Oriented Recovery).
Children and Youth Prevention Education & Training Staff
- Adorne Ruffin, Prevention Specialist
- Adriana Jaramillo, Prevention Specialist
- Alessandra Ytuarte, Prevention Specialist
- Amy Alston, Prevention Specialist
- Chasity Muhammad, Prevention Specialist
- Claire O’Brien, Prevention Specialist
- Dacari Lambert, Prevention Specialist
- Delma Thornton, Prevention Specialist
- Denise Smith, Prevention Specialist
- Jacqueline Abad, Prevention Specialist
- Joseph Ibarra, HYPE Prevention Specialist
- Maria Velazquez, ADAEP Instructor/Prevention Specialist
- Marquez Mireles, Prevention Specialist
- Mellissa Munoz, Prevention Specialist
- Patricia Lozano, Prevention Specialist
- Pablo Villanueva, Prevention Specialist
- Sandra Ramos, Prevention Specialist
- Torrance Sephus, Prevention Specialist
- Varnell Johnson, Education Specialist
Prevention Resource Center (PRC) Region 8
- Teresa Stewart, Regional Evaluator
- Marcus Kavanaugh, Regional Community Liaison
- Uriel Hernandez, Tobacco Prevention Specialist
- Beatrice Gutierrez, Bookkeeper
- Gloria A. Solis, Administrative Assistant/HR
- Savannah Alejandro, Information and Referral Specialist
- Diana Carreon, Data Analyst/AMOR Program Director
- Gilbert Gamez, Marketing Specialist
Circles of San Antonio Coalition Staff
- Betsy Jones, Coalition Coordinator
- Boyd Baxter, Coalition Coordinator
- Tracy Talavera, Coalition Coordinator
Recovery Coaching and Support Services
- Jose Martinez, Quality Management Recovery Coach
- Donney Vanblaricum, Recovery Coach
- Cynthia Alderete, Recovery Coach
- Valerie Perez, Recovery Coach
- Agapito Barrera, Recovery Coach
- Leroy Garcia Jr., Recovery Advocate
- Vickie Thomas, Recovery Advocate
- Elizabeth Garcia, Recovery Advocate