DWI Education Instructor
REPORTS TO: PRC Director
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
SACADA is a certified provider of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) DWI Education Program (DWIE). The DWI Education Instructor is responsible for the delivery of the DWI Education curriculum, a standardized program is 12 hours in length designed to help DWI offenders increase their knowledge about alcohol and drugs as these substances relate to driving skills, to identify their own individual drinking/drug use and driving patterns, and to assist them in developing plans which will reduce the probability of future DWI behavior.
- Facilitation of DWI Education Program course curriculum and completion of all required documentation including completion of pre-tests, screening instrument and person data forms.
- Ensuring all participant folders have the necessary paperwork and are completed correctly with the appropriate documentation pertaining to that participant.
- Preparation of certificates for students successfully completing DWIE Program and confirming all documentation is updated in a timely manner.
- Create a positive learning environment where participants feel they are part of a class and not part of a punishment.
- Facilitation of the Victim Impact Panel (VIP) following the end of the DWI Education Program.
- Administration of the Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI).
- Provides resources and information to participants when needed or requested.
- Provides written report concerning program activities to PRC Program Director
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/TRAINING WORK EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified instructor in DWI Education Program (DWIE) through the Texas Department of State Health Service Offender Education.
- A minimum of one (1) year facilitation, training, or teaching adults and/or adolescents.
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Preferred.
- Knowledge in Substance Abuse Education Preferred.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Knowledge of administering the SASSI preferred.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of Department of State and Health Services guidelines a plus.
- Excellent Oral, Written, and Case Management Skills required.
- Must be able to lift, pull, and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when needed.
In addition to the above, the DWI Education Instructor shall demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and goals of the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse and a level of energy commensurate with the Council’s expectations.
HOURS: Part-Time Position (15 -20 hours one weekend per month)
Make a Difference
Search this Site
Join our Team
Follow Us on Social Media
Nov 2017SACADA closed in observance of Thanksgiving Day
11/23/2017 - All Day
SACADA closed in observance of Day after Thanksgiving
11/24/2017 - All Day
Dec 2017First Friday Workshops - AM Session
12/01/2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
First Friday Workshops - PM Session
12/01/2017 - 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
State Approved 46-Hour Recovery Coach Training
12/04/2017 - 12/13/2017 - 12:00 am
Synthetic Drug Workgroup Meeting
12/15/2017 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
DWI Education Course (1st Time Offense) - Friday
12/15/2017 - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
DWI Education Course (1st Time Offense) - Saturday
12/16/2017 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
DWI Education Course (1st Time Offense) - Sunday
12/17/2017 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
SACADA closed in observance of Christmas Day
12/25/2017 - All Day