First Friday Workshops
Date(s) - 05/05/2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Marijuana Facts, Trends and Data
Did you know there are currently 21 marijuana-related bills filed this legislative session? Are you familiar the new trends related to marijuana? Do you know the percentage students who say they have used marijuana in the past month? Or if students perceive marijuana as being dangerous or not? If you answered no to any of the questions mentioned above, then this workshops is for you. Come join us as presenters Betsy Jones and Teresa Stewart discuss all things marijuana. Topics covered include health effects of smoking marijuana, marijuana trends and marijuana related data from Bexar County and Region 8. They will also discuss current bills in the Texas Legislative session and how they have moved through the system.
3 CEU Hrs. AOD
Presenters: Betsy Jones, MPA APS and Teresa Stewart, BSOE, APS, San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
Betsy Jones, MPA APS – Betsy Jones is a Coalition Coordinator for the Circles of San Antonio Community Coalition and has worked at SACADA since 2014.
Teresa Stewart BSOE APS – Teresa graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Education from Wayland Baptist University in 1996. She retired from the U.S. Army and pursued a teaching certification in Early Childhood and taught elementary education in an economically disadvantaged school for nine years. Teresa moved on to teach prevention education to selected youth in several school districts across South Texas. Currently she serves as an Evaluator for the Region 8 Prevention Resource Center, program of the San Antonio Council on Alcohol and Drug Abuse. Teresa is also an active member of the Disabled American Veterans, Chapter 14, in San Antonio, Texas, where she serves as 2nd Junior Vice.
Register and Pay:
All payments for classes are final. SACADA does not issue refunds for classes. No exceptions.
About First Friday Classes
- SACADA is a certified CEU provider for LCDC, LPC, CCJP, Social Workers and LMFT.
- AM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 9 AM – 12 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- PM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- To register for a workshop, call (210) 225-4741. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Walk-ins welcome but RSVP guarantees a seat.
- Cancellations or changes on workshops may occur.
- No Refunds; however, you may receive a voucher for future attendance.
Starting September 5th, we will offer students a discount of $10.00 off per session with proof of valid student ID.
In order to receive the student discount, participants must pay at the registration table on the day of the workshop showing proof of their current student ID.
Add to your Outlook calendar using this link: iCal