First Friday Workshops – PM Session
Date(s) - 03/03/2017
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Family Wellness Snapshot
This workshop will introduce a collaborative approach to family wellness, including nourishment of the family spirituality, psychologically, emotionally, socially, and physically. Brief topics that will be discussed include: Non-defensive listening; Care-frontation; Emotional intelligence; Family Infrastructure; Nutrition and Physical Activity; and Caring Relationship. Participants will leave with an increased awareness of family systems in wellness and increased awareness in unhealthy paradigms.
3 Hours General
Presenter: Dr. John Lovitt, LPC-S and Dr. Ed Dodge, M.D., MPH
Dr. John Lovitt, Ed. D. is a corporate and personal coach, psychotherapist, trainer and a writer. He taught graduate school for counseling for 26 years and the graduate school of business for 6 years as an adjunct professor.
Dr. Ed Dodge graduated from the Indiana University School of Medicine with his MD degree in 1962. Earning the Master of Public Health degree at Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health in 1967, he became an Assistant Professor at the Public Health College in Gondar, Ethiopia for two years. When he returned to the United States, much of his career was spent in Florida, where he directed a local health department for a few years and was a family physician for many years. He also served as Courtesy Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Community Health and Family Medicine at the University of Florida. After retiring in 1996, Dr. Dodge made numerous Volunteer-in-Mission trips to Zimbabwe over a number of years. In 2010, he was appointed as a volunteer Visiting Adjunct Professor at Africa University in Zimbabwe, teaching in the Master of Public Health program for one semester each year since then.
Register and Pay:
All payments for classes are final. SACADA does not issue refunds for classes. No exceptions.
About First Friday Classes
- SACADA is a certified CEU provider for LCDC, LPC, CCJP, Social Workers and LMFT.
- AM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 9 AM – 12 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- PM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- To register for a workshop, call (210) 225-4741. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Walk-ins welcome but RSVP guarantees a seat.
- Cancellations or changes on workshops may occur.
- No Refunds; however, you may receive a voucher for future attendance.
Starting September 5th, we will offer students a discount of $10.00 off per session with proof of valid student ID.
In order to receive the student discount, participants must pay at the registration table on the day of the workshop showing proof of their current student ID.
Add to your Outlook calendar using this link: iCal