First Friday Workshops – AM Session
Date(s) - 12/01/2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
First Friday Workshops
U Means U: HIV/STD 101
Presenter: Lawrence Diaz, CPSS Certified Peer Support Specialist
Optum Behavioral Health Solutions
Presentation Summary: This interactive workshop will review basic HIV/STD content. Along with education content will include new information on HIV and other STDs. Presenter will also address the title of the workshop, “U Means U”.
Presenter Bio: Larry currently works for Optum Behavioral Health Solutions, part of the United Healthcare Group. He is a certified Peer Support Specialist as well as a Recovery Coach Trainer. He has been doing HIV/STD/HepC/TB education for over 15 years. He got his training as an HIV Edcuator at the University of Southern California in 2001.
Register and Pay:
About First Friday Classes
- SACADA is a certified CEU provider for LCDC, LPC, CCJP, Social Workers and LMFT.
- AM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 9 AM – 12 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- PM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- To register for a workshop, call (210) 225-4741. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Walk-ins welcome but RSVP guarantees a seat.
- Cancellations or changes on workshops may occur.
- No Refunds; however, you may receive a voucher for future attendance.
- We offer students a discount of $10.00 off per session with proof of valid student ID.
- In order to receive the student discount, participants must pay at the registration table on the day of the workshop showing proof of their current student ID.
Add to your Outlook calendar using this link: iCal