First Friday Workshops
9:00am – 12:00pm
Tickle Your Stress Before It Tackles You
Everyone has stress, but individuals who work in service to others, tend to carry much more of it. What is the impact on your body? On your health? Did you know YOUR stress affects your team and even your family? This session includes important information and class dialogue about the impact of stress on our bodies, our workplaces and families; solutions to counter stress including healthy ways to deal; introduction to proper breathing and using laughter as a healthy strategy to decrease stress levels on the body and ends with a guided meditation to help close out the very de-stressing session. Stress is a leading causing of many health issues faced by the workplace, but also, one of the contributing factors that leads people to unhealthy coping mechanisms.
3 Hrs. General
Presenter: Dawn Thurmond, Certified Laughter Coach and Executive Director, Dress for Success
Originally from El Paso, Texas, Dawn Thurmond brings with her more than 20 years of experience working with non-profits and government entities. She has led teams responsible for community leadership training, youth leadership, and diversity programs. She has 15 years of experience as a public speaker and trainer with a focus on workplace issues and is a Certified Laughter Coach. Additionally, she has worked with disadvantaged women, specializing in empowerment workshops and advocacy training. Through her extensive marketing and public relations background, she has served as the spokesperson for area organizations and led successful branding and marketing campaigns. She has served on several local committees for organizations including the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and the Latina Advisory Council for the Girl Scouts of the Southwest, as well as state committees such as the Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities. After her son was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, she became a disabilities advocate and has worked to increase accessibility and equity for individuals with disabilities. Dawn was the Founding Chair of the Special Education Advisory Council for the El Paso Independent School District and served on the board for the Arc of Texas for more than five years. In 2005, she was named the El Paso Times Mother of the Year and thus received a Senate Proclamation in her honor. For the past five years, she has proudly called San Antonio home.
Register and Pay:
All payments for classes are final. SACADA does not issue refunds for classes. No exceptions.
About First Friday Classes
- SACADA is a certified CEU provider for LCDC, LPC, CCJP, Social Workers and LMFT.
- AM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 9 AM – 12 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- PM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- To register for a workshop, call (210) 225-4741. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Walk-ins welcome but RSVP guarantees a seat.
- Cancellations or changes on workshops may occur.
- No Refunds; however, you may receive a voucher for future attendance.
- Starting September 5th, we will offer students a discount of $10.00 off per session with proof of valid student ID.
- In order to receive the student discount, participants must pay at the registration table on the day of the workshop showing proof of their current student ID.
Make a Difference
Search this Site
Join our Team
Follow Us on Social Media
May 2017SACADA closed in observance of Memorial Day
05/29/2017 - All Day
Opioid Overdose Education and Naloxone Access
05/31/2017 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Jun 2017First Friday Workshop
06/02/2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Little Warriors Camp
06/12/2017 - 06/16/2017 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
General Coalition Meeting
06/14/2017 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Synthetic Drug Workgroup Meeting
06/16/2017 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
June 19, 2017 Pars for Prevention Charity Golf Tournament
06/19/2017 - All Day
Little Warriors Camp
06/19/2017 - 06/23/2017 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Cancer Education Session - Females only
06/29/2017 - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Cancer Education Session - Males Only
06/29/2017 - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm