My Kid My Call !
- March 1, 2017 San Antonio ‘Social Host Ordinance’ In Effect.
- December 15, 2016 Social Host Ordinance passed by City of San Antonio.
- Adults are responsible for making safe decisions for our own children. The State of Texas allows parents to serve alcohol to their own children, but that privilege does not extend to other people’s children. No other adult has the right to undermine my parental authority. My kid, my call.
- When adults provide alcohol and a place for kids to drink, they are not just violating others’ parental authority, they are breaking the law. Worse than that, they are showing teens that it is okay to break the law. And worst of all, those adults are creating a dangerous party situation which can lead to binge drinking, sexual assault, violence, drunk driving, and long-term consequences like addiction, academic failure, and poor mental health. There is no âsafe placeâ for kids to drink.
- Every statistic on underage drinking tell us one thing-there’s nothing minor about underage drinking parties. Â In San Antonio, young people are drinking earlier and more often every year, but did you know that “parties” at private homes or on private property are most to blame? Kids whou begin using alcohol before the age of 15 are 4.5 times more likely to suffer from substance abuse as adults than those who wait until they’re 21.
- 90% of parents surveyed believed underage drinking is a problem in our community
- 87% of adults surveyed think parents should be held responsible for the actions of minors on their property during a party especially if a minor is at least 18 years of age
- 71% of adults surveyed think parents should be held responsible for underage drinking on their premises if it occurs without their knowledge or they are not present
- 93% of law enforcement surveyed thought underage drinking was a moderate to severe problem in the community
- 79% of law enforcement surveyed believed social host should be held accountable for house parties
Underage Drinking in San Antonio
If you are interested in participating in the coalition work or other special projects, email the Circles of San Antonio Coalition or call (210) 225-4741.
If you would like to receive coalition meeting minutes or announcements, please fill out the form below to be added to our mailing list.
Join the Circles of San Antonio Community Coalition
Make a Difference
Search this Site
Join our Team
Follow Us on Social Media
May 2017SACADA closed in observance of Memorial Day
05/29/2017 - All Day
Opioid Overdose Education and Naloxone Access
05/31/2017 - 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Jun 2017First Friday Workshop
06/02/2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Little Warriors Camp
06/12/2017 - 06/16/2017 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
General Coalition Meeting
06/14/2017 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Synthetic Drug Workgroup Meeting
06/16/2017 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
June 19, 2017 Pars for Prevention Charity Golf Tournament
06/19/2017 - All Day
Little Warriors Camp
06/19/2017 - 06/23/2017 - 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
Cancer Education Session - Females only
06/29/2017 - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Cancer Education Session - Males Only
06/29/2017 - 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm