First Friday Workshops
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Codependency, Family Patterns, and How to Set Effective Boundaries
Presenter: Casey Arrillaga, LCDC
InMindOut Emotional Wellness Center
Presentation Summary: This presentation is for anyone who works with families or has ever belonged to a family. It will shed light on some common family patterns, especially those that happen when families undergo stress.
The presentation will cover codependency, common family patterns, and the effective communication patterns that allow healthy boundaries. In each section, there will be a focus on solutions that can help practitioners and those they serve.
Presenter Bio: Casey Arrillaga is a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor with years of experience in working with people of all kinds who have trouble with using substances or behaviors compulsively, as well as helping those people and their families heal and grow together. Casey comes with a positive, strengths-based approach that helps everyone involved see that they are good people struggling with a difficult condition. Casey believes that everyone deserves relief from that struggle and he takes joy in helping others learn to heal, grow, and ultimately soar. Casey specializes in working with problem drinking, prescription and illicit drug abuse, codependency and enabling, and compulsive sex/love. He also has extensive experience helping family members understand how they can support both themselves and their loved one, while not falling into patterns of codependency and enabling. Casey received his Bachelor of Science in Chemical Dependency Counseling and is working towards his Master of Social Work with an emphasis in clinical studies. As well as seeing individual clients, he currently runs a Family Workshop program for a treatment center in the Hill Country. Casey regularly gives presentations on “Addiction and the Brain”, “Understanding Codependency,” “How to Improve Communication and Set Effective Boundaries,” and other subjects that are vital for those with a problem and their families.
Casey is available for individual, couples, family, group, and educational sessions through InMindOut Emotional Wellness Center
Register and Pay:
About First Friday Classes
- SACADA is a certified CEU provider for LCDC, LPC, CCJP, Social Workers and LMFT.
- AM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 9 AM – 12 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- PM SESSIONS ARE SCHEDULED FROM 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Each workshop session is $35.00 and payment can be made online or over the phone.
- To register for a workshop, call (210) 225-4741. We accept cash, checks, and credit cards.
- Walk-ins welcome but RSVP guarantees a seat.
- Cancellations or changes on workshops may occur.
- No Refunds; however, you may receive a voucher for future attendance.
- Starting September 5th, we will offer students a discount of $10.00 off per session with proof of valid student ID.
- In order to receive the student discount, participants must pay at the registration table on the day of the workshop showing proof of their current student ID.
Make a Difference
Search this Site
Join our Team
Follow Us on Social Media
Oct 2017Synthetic Drug Workgroup Meeting
10/20/2017 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Red Ribbon Luncheon
10/24/2017 - 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
DWI Education Course (1st Time Offense) - Friday
10/27/2017 - 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
DWI Education Course (1st Time Offense) - Saturday
10/28/2017 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
DWI Education Course (1st Time Offense) - Sunday
10/29/2017 - 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Nov 2017First Friday Workshop - AM Session (November 3, 2017)
11/03/2017 - 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
First Friday - PM Session (November 3, 2017)
11/03/2017 - 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
General Coalition Meeting
11/08/2017 - 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
SACADA closed in observance of Veterans Day
11/10/2017 - All Day
Synthetic Drug Workgroup Meeting
11/17/2017 - 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm